Friday, August 5, 2011

nandri, vanekum, Not in MN

Although frogs croak and crickets chorus outside the window, and there is even a beautiful lake nearby, it is not a summer night out on the lake in Minnesota. I have arrived at Kodaikanal in Tamil Nadu, India and am finally crawling into bed after a long journey, the sort which many travelers make day in and day out. I left my home in Minnesota on a sunny Wednesday morning hopping over to Chicago. When I boarded the Air India plane from O'Hare, however, I stepped beyond my comfort zone, yet not altogether uncomfortable. Greeted by Indian music and decor and the attendants running up and down the aisles with air freshener prior to take off... It was a privilege to meet up with Scott from Wheaton as well as new friends--the family of Sanjiv Edward in Delhi who graciously cared for me.
Much time traveling and a taxi ride with a kind driver through the hot and humid plains with sites and sounds of southern India; we then headed up into the hills to cooler climate where I have been welcomed by a few of the lovely people I will be around and hopefully get to know in the coming months.

Off to sleep in order to wake for a morning hike! Here we go.

Thank you, Lord for your faithfulness and provision. We need not worry, we need not fear. Continue to bless with strength and courage those praying for and alongside me this semester, especially. May you be glorified here in Kodaikanal, even this coming day.

Understanding more and more the worn traveler and being welcomed by strangers : ]

No comments:

Post a Comment